Carolina Shipping


History

Carolina Shipping Company was founded in 1927 in Charleston, South Carolina. In its early years, Carolina Shipping operated several of its own general cargo vessels, and performed agency and stevedoring services. After selling its ships, Carolina Shipping Company continued to grown, providing agency and stevedoring services throughout the South Alantic. In 1989, Carolina Shipping sold its stevedoring interest to Stevedoring Services of America (SSA) and was itself acquired by Biehl International, Houston, Texas. Under Biehl International, Carolina Shipping Company has redirected its efforts and now functions exclusively as a steamship agency. Carolina Shipping Company continues to build on its reputation of service, integrity, and dependability.

In 1989, at the time of purchase, Carolina Shipping Company operated offices in Charleston, Savannah and Atlanta. In response to our growth and in order to better serve the needs of our customers, Carolina Shipping Company opened offices in Georgetown, South Carolina, Jacksonville, Florida and most recently in Brunswick, Georgia.

All of the Carolina Shipping Company offices are full service operations and staffed with experienced personnel who oversee and perform all functions associated with the shipping business. Since each principal determines their own specific requirements, Carolina Shipping Company has established a very flexible system and attitude to meet these individual needs.

All of Carolina Shipping Company's full cargo operations departments are ISO 9001:2000 certified by ISOQAR and are equipped with a full range of modern communications equipment, allowing constant contact with all parties. Carolina Shipping is proud to be the Multiport Agent for the USA South-Atlantic.

Carolina Shipping networks directly with our sister company, Biehl & Company in the Northeast Atlantic and U.S. Gulf.